CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
OPEN UNTIL JANUARY 7, 2021
Abstract Guidelines and Information
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via our online system following the easy, step-by-step instructions.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- Maximum 1500 characters (including spaces).
- Presentation types include oral and poster.
- All oral authors MUST submit a full (approx. 10 pages) or short (4-5 pages) paper for review. See Author-Speaker Tools
- Remember to check spelling and grammar carefully. The abstract text will be reproduced as submitted.
- A lead author/presenter may submit no more than 2 abstracts.
- All authors must comply with the deadline dates listed on this website (papers due, registration payment, etc.)
- Submission of an abstract does not constitute acceptance for presentation nor registration for the conference. Submission of an abstract implies the commitment that the author will produce a paper (oral presenters only, mandatory except for plenary speakers), and if the oral or poster abstract is accepted after review, the presenting author will attend the meeting. No financial assistance is available: the expectation is that financial resources to attend are available to the presenter.
- Registration fees vary between approximately $900 and $1200 per person for regular attendee/presenter. Students are offered a discount.
- Presenters may be video recorded during the conference for the purposes of the CIM Academy and web dissemination.
- Authors are invited to revisit this page for related guidelines, tools, and resources to facilitate the abstract and paper review process. Please note: Authors must register and pay their fees before May 15, 2021, to have their paper(s) included in the Conference Proceedings and to be scheduled in the technical program. A full refund will be provided to authors who have pre-registered but will not attend because their paper(s) is not accepted.
- If a submitted abstract is accepted for the technical program in an oral or poster session, the presenter must pay the registration fee to present the paper and that failure to do so by the stipulated deadline may result in the removal of the presentation from the in-person program and the paper (if applicable) from the proceedings. Presenters of multiple papers need only register once.
- Authors of abstracts accepted for oral presentations must submit a full paper or short paper (extended abstract). Papers are optional for Plenary sessions. We do not accept papers for the poster session.
- By submitting a paper for review, the author agrees that it will be published in the proceedings if the final paper is accepted.
- Publishing copyrights will be held by CIM. Authors will be free to submit their work after the conference to a publication of their choice but must request permission. If authors resubmit their paper with permission to another publication, they must indicate that the paper was first published in the Proceedings of the 60th Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2021) published by the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM).
- The author assumes full responsibility for obtaining permission to reproduce any copyrighted or otherwise protected data and images in their conference paper.
NOTE: The Conference Proceedings will not be indexed (e.g., Web of Science, Scopus).
Concerned about COVID?
The Proceedings will be published in electronic format available on a USB key.
Publication Copyright of Conference papers will be held by the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum as you agreed to when you submitted your abstract. If authors resubmit their paper to another publication, they must indicate that the paper was first published by CIM.
The author assumes full responsibility for obtaining permission to publish any copyrighted or otherwise protected data and images. NOTE: The Conference Proceedings will not be indexed (e.g., Web of Science, Scopus).
Name of Publication: Proceedings of the 60th Conference of Metallurgists, COM 2021
Citation: “Paper XX from the Proceedings of the 60th Conference of Metallurgists, COM 2021. Reprinted with permission of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum.”
For copyright inquiries, contact the Publications department of CIM.