Big Ideas Session
About the format
The Big Ideas will be presented in a fast-paced session. Each speaker will have 5-7 minutes to give their pitch and convince the audience. The presenters are encouraged to follow a PowerPoint format inspired by the fast-paced PechaKucha method (20 slides at 15 seconds each).
What’s your Big Idea?
The Big Ideas Session for COM 2023 will follow the theme of the conference: Climate Change and Sustainability. But, any ideas relating to metallurgy or materials science are encouraged to submit.
Here are some suggested topics:
- How will we decarbonize our industry?
- Mineral and metals conundrums
- Where will all the minerals/metals come from for our low-carbon future?
- Is profitable sustainability an oxymoron?
Your submission should answer the following:
- What is your Big Idea? (Title of submission)
- Description of the Big Idea. (100-word limit)
- In what way does the Big Idea support “Climate Change and Sustainability”? (50-word limit)