Disseminate the latest academic research, operational knowledge, and best practices associated with pressure hydrometallurgy.
The organizers are seeking papers on:
· Battery Metal Materials – Nickel, Cobalt, Lithium, etc.
· Base Metal Materials – Copper, Zinc, Molybdenum, etc.
· Other Metals or Materials – Refractory Gold, PGM’s, Alumina, etc.
· Pressure hydrometallurgical processes leading to a reduction in or sequestration of Green House Gas emission and energy consumption.
Submissions concerning process development or operations in:
· Processes: POX, POL, HPAL, ePAL, PL Digestion, Tube Digestion, etc.
· Fundamentals: kinetics, thermodynamics, mathematical modelling, etc.
· Overall project conception and advancement
· Challenges in processing plant engineering
· Equipment design and materials of construction related to safety, improved reliability or maintainability, cost-effectiveness or novelty
· Plant transformations to produce battery precursor materials
· Process control advancements: APC, Digital Twin, AI, etc.
Academics researching pressure hydrometallurgy; industry practicing it (e.g. gold, nickel)
Chair: Brad Hewitt, Hatch Ltd.
Shafiq Alam, University of Saskatchewan
James Brown, SGS Canada
Jim Dennett, Sherritt Metals
Dimitrios Filippou, Rio Tinto Iron & Titanium