Authors are invited to revisit this page for related guidelines, tools and resources to facilitate paper review and presentation.
Online Portal for Authors
We have streamlined the online experience for authors. You will use the same paper/abstract management site to upload all information regarding presentations, authorization forms, photos, biographies, your mandatory paper/extended abstract (poster, plenary, and keynote presenters excluded), and the video recording of your presentation.
|Abstract decisions||February 3, 2023|
|Draft paper/extended abstract submission deadline||March 1, 2023|
|Contributor Agreement form signed||March 1, 2023|
|Registration opens||April 17, 2023|
|Final paper/extended abstract deadline||April 17, 2023|
|Author/presenter registration deadline||May 15, 2023|
|Presentation recording deadline||August 15, 2023|
Forms for Authors
You are required to fill electronically the contributor form, manually sign, scan/picture, and then upload to the access submission portal.
Author Responsibilities and Obligations
- Paper/Extended Abstract: All oral authors MUST submit a full (approx. 10 pages) paper or extended abstract (2-3 pages) for peer review. The online abstract title, text, and author list can be revised by the author until the final paper/abstract deadline, but remember to check spelling and grammar carefully as the abstract will be reproduced as submitted. Papers are optional for plenary/panel sessions and invited keynotes. We do not accept papers/extended abstracts for poster presentations.
- Deadlines: All authors must comply with the deadline dates listed on this website (paper/extended abstract submission dates, registration payment, etc.).
- Presentation: Accepted authors will have the opportunity to record a video PowerPoint presentations for the conference and for the purposes of the CIM Academy and web dissemination. All accepted presentations ORAL or POSTER are REQUIRED TO PRESENT IN PERSON IN TORONTO.
- Payment of fees by the deadline: MetSoc is not requiring a fee to submit an abstract however, we count on your professionalism to pay your author fee by May 15th if your abstract/paper is accepted as we are a non-profit Society. Failure to pay by the stipulated deadline may result in the removal of the presentation from the program and the paper or extended abstract from the proceedings (if applicable). Presenters of multiple papers need to register only once. A full refund will be provided to authors who have pre-registered but will not attend because their paper(s) or extended abstract(s) is not accepted.
- Registration fees vary with your CIM membership status. You are not required to be a member but CIM students and CIM members receive a discount. Regular attendees and presenters purchase the full registration fee. Registration fees for non-CIM members average $1200CAD and CIM student pricing averages $250-300CAD.
Onsite presentations and poster guidelines will follow at a later date.
Registration Prices for contributors
Registration deadline May 15, 2023
CIM Member Contributor———————— $995
CIM Student Contributor———————— $249
CIM Life Member/Retired Contributor ——- $259
Non-member Contributor ———– $1,195
Non-Member Student Contributor ———– $269
Name of Publication: Proceedings of the 62nd Conference of Metallurgists, COM 2023
The Proceedings will be published in electronic format and digitally distributed by Springer.
Authors and registered paid delegates will have six (6) weeks to download the material for free.